ThS. Phạm Gia Đoàn
Khoa Ngoại Ngữ - Đại học Văn Lang
Translation and Interpretation are the ultimate jobs for people who love language. However, there are a lot of misunderstandings about these two fields, including the difference between them and what kind of skills and education they require.
- The followings are the vital tasks that one interpreter must perform in his or her capacity.
- There are three types of jobs that are connecting to this field: (1,2 Ref.)
- Consecutive interpreter
- Field interpreter
- What are the benefits the students may receive if they try to major interpretation?
- The importance of becoming an interpreter
- There are some special features should be possessed by the interpreter.
- Modern equipment to be used in our career
- Who can be a good interpreter?
- The reality of van lang university nowadays
- Syllabus to be used
Interpretation of content.(n.d.).Retrieved from http://www4.caes.hku.hk/acadgrammar/general/interpret/content.htm
Juan,D.P.V.(n.d.).Translation Theory. Retrieved from http://www.translationdirectory.com/article414.htm
Olgierda, F., & Heidi, A.(2004).What is the difference betweena translator and an interpreter. Interpreting for the community. Retrieved from http://lrc.wfu.edu/community_interpreting/pages/translator-interpreter.htm
Tyler Junior College.(June 23, 2015).The Sign Language Interpreting. Retrieved from http://www.yic.edu/download/download/id/2462/itp_handbook_2015- 2016
Vietnam News Agency.(June 28, 2016). Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGi75EfhN-cwww.themegallery.com